I understand that the gay community is boycotting our temples and ward buildings in retaliation for the church members' work in support of California's Prop 8 defining marriage as between a man and a woman. Well, after the election, Cathy and I were so disgusted with the blatant media bias in the press, we decided on a boycott of our own.
Yesterday I called the Seattle Times to cancel our subscription. The newspaper representative asked why I was cancelling. I responded: "The paper is too bias." She asked if I wanted to try the Seattle Post Intelligencer instead. I laughed and said, "No. We just switched from the PI to the Times for the same reason--bias."
For years, I have used Yahoo! for my home page. But this election revealed just how bias that source is too. I have switched from Yahoo! to Google News as my home page. The Google News page usually cites several different sources for its news stories so I find it relatively balanced. Unfortunately, iGoogle news stories are no better than Yahoo!.
In any event, I am looking for other options. Preferably, news based. Any suggestions? I am tired of one sided coverage.
Sunday, November 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I don't have many sources, I actually was relying on you for it. :-) Fox News seems to do all right but they are just as bad at only covering one story for the day. http://www.wnd.com/ ?
I read WND often and Drudge daily, but I really want a fairly neutral home page. I gave up on Google. I am now using the Wall Street Journal site, WSJ.com. The problem there is it doesn't have a web search engine, so I have to go to favorites to make a general search. But the page itself is pretty good.
I have Drudge set as my homepage, and a google search window on my toolbar. As far as getting news, I tend to use a handful of favorite political blogs.
Post a Comment