Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Crawly Things

About a year ago, Cathy and I received identical insect bites while sleeping in bed. These bites were unique. They involved puncture wounds about half an inch apart. And, unlike most bites that simply itch, these bites stung--for hours. Ants inject formic acid when they bite which causes a similar sting but these "fang" marks were not left by ants. I tore the bed apart and couldn't find the critter. So, we were left imagining a vampire spider sucking out our body fluids at night. Not a thought conducive to a good night's sleep. But, the thing did not come back for a repeat performance . . . until now. I woke up this morning not only with the same type of bite, but in the same position (on my knee) as last year. Talk about weird!

But not only weird things happen around here. The western deluge has brought some pretty sites too, such as these beautiful flowers growing in the front yard.

 Violet
 Tulip
 Daisy
 Daffodil







No comments: