Things are getting intense with the approach of the USSC argument. I am undergoing media training and preparing for moot courts. Next week, I will need to complete my reply brief and formulate a strategy for oral argument. On Wednesday, I will hold a national press conference and then the following week I start moot courts-- 2 here and 1 or 2 in D.C.
I just learned that the government is sending in the "first string" team. The Solicitor General, Paul Clement, hisself will be arguing against me. Should be interesting. Obviously the Administration feels the stakes are high. Bush does not want to be accused of "throwing" the case although I still think the government position is indefensible.
Well, wish me luck, or better yet, keep me in your prayers.
Take a look at D&C 134:1-2. Nice to have divine validation for one's job.
Sunday, February 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Can we see your press conference? Will it be televised or anything? We're excited for the trip.
No, you wont be able to see the press conference. This is to help the media get geared up for stories they will run just before and after the hearing. We will have all of the Supreme Court reporters there asking questions. Should be interesting.
Best of luck tomorrow at the press conference!
Thanks, Anna.
Post a Comment